Monday 13 January 2014

Another Year - Still Ill

A lot seems to have happened since I last wrote on here. Hopefully everyone has had a peaceful Christmas and of course best wishes for the New Year. I was exceptionally lucky this year with the dates of my treatment, in that for the entire Christmas period I was out of hospital! This was a huge contrast to last year where it felt like I was in and out of Gloucester pretty much every other day. I also turned 18 last Thursday which felt pretty momentous and I celebrated a really lovely day with my friends and family.

I've attempted to come into this year with renewed vigor. After many of my friends have now been given offers to University's of their choice, I'm more determined than ever to succeed at school. Instead of letting their unhindered academic progress get me down, it's made me more excited about my future and I'm now pushing myself that little bit harder.

Now, after that little pep talk I do need to still aim to be realistic. My chemotherapy has gone up another notch again which has brought about another influx of tablets. Suddenly, the prospect of a New Year which started so positively and full of hope has taken a little bit of a knock. However, I am going to keep my spirits up and be the best that I can be in everything I do.

A quick positive to finish on however! My friends and I from Sixth Form are partaking in something called The Pink Escape to raise money for Breast Cancer Care. We will attempt to get as far away from Stroud as possible in 36 hours in teams of 3 with only £10 per person! This is such a worthwhile cause as breast cancer affects so many people and this charity endeavors to support anyone who needs it's help. If anyone would like to donate then please do not hesitate to visit our website and give whatever you can at: http://www.justgiving.com/thepinkescape

No comments:

Post a Comment