Sunday 14 September 2014

Not Too Much News To Report

I've now had nearly two weeks back at Sixth Form with my new year group and although it feels strange being back at a place that is so familiar to me, but where I now know very few people well, so far it's hasn't been the horrendous experience that I was maybe expecting. I've now settled into something of a routine, although this is easier said than done because at the moment my lessons are a bit all over the place! I don't have vast amounts to report this week hospital wise, but one thing that did make a change was that on Tuesday, after my Lumbar Puncture, instead of rushing home and feeling ill, I slept for another few hours and woke up feeling far better than I normally do. It's something I've always fought against, determined to get out of hospital as quickly as possible but in future I may rest for a bit longer after so much treatment.

Over the last couple of weeks I have kept myself busy whilst my friends depart one by one off to University. Therefore, since I've returned school, I have cracked on with writing a personal statement, joined a gym and even spoken on behalf of the Teenage Cancer Trust at the St. James' Place's Annual fundraiser, thanking them for their continued support for the charity. All of this has made me feel more secure about how this year will pan out and I'm now trying to look forward to getting my University Application sent off, getting the ball rolling for my last year at Sixth Form.

No comments:

Post a Comment