Monday 29 September 2014

Visiting Oxford

Last week was quite a strange one for me. While I managed to finish off my personal statement and fill in the vast majority of my UCAS application, my steroids meant that I was on edge, fidgety and prone to losing my temper a lot quicker than usual. However, I channeled most of that aggression into going to the gym and exercising, which helped more than I thought it would as I was too exhausted to argue with anyone!

On Friday evening, I drove about an hour and a half to Oxford with a friend to visit one of our mates who'd just moved into the Brookes University. He'd been there for about two weeks and seemed pretty settled in his new surroundings. The trip, which was really good fun, has made me look forward to University even more than before! At the moment, it's all I can really focus on and so I'm working my absolute hardest to give me the best possible chance of getting into the places I want to go. All my friends last year said that talking about University takes over your life and you find yourself not really thinking about too much else and I now know exactly what they mean, sometimes I have to stop myself from rambling on about a "new course I've found" or "types of accommodation" to my poor family, who are quite probably getting sick and tired of it all by now!

Anyway, I've got to keep remembering to put everything into some sort of perspective as there are other things that I need to focus on too, for instance, being nice to people when I'm on my steroids!

No comments:

Post a Comment