Monday 7 April 2014

Royal Albert Hall

Missed writing last week's post as I got caught up in an essay that I just couldn't put down, I seemed to keep going back to the same piece of History coursework over and over again!

Anyway, it would be remiss of me if I didn't recap on the incredible couple of days that I spent up in London with the Teenage Cancer Trust at the Royal Albert Hall. The whole event seemed to pass by in a flash and it just reinforced my belief that the week of music and comedy commandeered by the likes of Roger Daltrey and Noel Gallagher, is the best event organised for and by the Teenage Cancer Trust every year. After spending a couple of hours playing some music, we were given the opportunity to meet the artists performing that night on stage! As you can see below, I was thrilled to meet Paolo Nutini as well as shake hands and chat with Roger Daltrey, who seemed as excited to meet us, as we did to see him!

The music began at 7:30 and as we were representatives of Teenage Cancer Trust, our tickets were some of the best in the house. Before Paolo played his set however, Roger Daltrey and his friend Wilko Johnson, who is suffering from terminal pancreatic cancer, played an impromptu 25 minute set to the surprise of the rest of the audience! At the interval, all of the Teenage Cancer Trust's representatives were brought onto the stage to voice our thanks to everyone who had donated to this amazing charity, just by coming to watch the concert and paying a little bit extra than would normally be expected for their ticket. 

While the money that was raised was completely fantastic, just as importantly, I felt that the time given up by not only the performers but also the Teenage Cancer Trust workers showed an enormous amount of  dedication and care which is just as valuable. 

Needless to say it's given me a tremendous lift which is just as well as I am embarking on my intensive revision for my forthcoming exams - I believe Philosophy tonight is focusing on The Problem of Evil and Suffering - something I consider myself a bit of an expert on!





No comments:

Post a Comment