Monday 24 March 2014

Upcoming Royal Albert Hall Experience

It doesn't feel like long ago at all, that last year I was getting ready to spend a day at the Royal Albert Hall, watching some live music and even getting an opportunity to create my own! It was such an absolutely incredible experience that I leapt at the chance to return this year and watch one of my favourite singers of all time, Paolo Nutini!

On Wednesday, the Teenage Cancer Trust have organised to take the patients from the South West of England, Bristol to Cornwall, to the Royal Albert Hall in London. If last year was anything to go by, it will be unforgettable and is, in my opinion, the best event that the Teenage Cancer Trust fund and support. 

After the concert, we shall stay overnight in a nearby hotel and then head back home the next day! Last year, I was still minus a fair bit of my hair and very weak so I don't think I could fully appreciate the packed schedule as I was so exhausted. However, this year, I'm fighting fit and really can't wait for the evening performance - it should be fantastic!

A final side note before I finish tonight - as I mentioned in my blog a couple of weeks ago, I have been given the all clear to go Scuba Diving off Lundy Island in June and so on Saturday I had my first diving experience (admittedly only in a local swimming pool) since being diagnosed. Considering I had been told that all diving would be pretty much impossible, potentially for the rest of my life, it felt incredible to get back into the "swim" of things...sorry...

No comments:

Post a Comment