Monday 25 November 2013

Steroids 2

Well, the effects of last weeks steroids seem to have finally dissipated from my system after an exceptionally long week. It's funny how hospital never seems to be as bad as I fear but I always end up forgetting just how much of an impact those tablets have on me! Once more I was a bit of a wreck coming into the weekend but I felt that a a couple of days of rest did me some real good. There were a couple of things that really did make me feel better and that I would recommend to anyone going through this treatment.

It can be all too easy to feel like the steroids are dictating your entire life and are getting on top of you, weighing you down. Don't let them. I spent my weekend really cracking on with school work and by the time Sunday evening arrived I'd completed four essays. The satisfaction of finishing my work while on my steroids was ten fold compared to the feeling that I normally get, as I had overcome a severe obstacle and defied something that had made me feel atrocious.

The steroids can also make people feel that they want to be left on their own. It's so important to do the complete opposite! Surround yourself with people who you love and make you happy. My family are always so understanding and caring and I'm exceptionally lucky for that. My poor little sister is especially lenient and when I'm having one of my major temper tantrums due to me not getting the exact food that I desire, she just breezes over my rage and laughs me away!

I know that I'm very lucky to have the family that I do and that even when I sometimes give up fighting, I know that they won't.

1 comment:

  1. Follow Will on Twitter :) @Will_smith09
    Love ya lots xo

    ReplyDelete